Friday 10 April 2015

JEERA RICE/GHEE RICE/JEERA PULAO-NORTH INDIAN CUISINE.))))))))MAIN COURSE

Hi Everyone!!!!!!!!

First thank you all for your kind wishes and greetings.I am seriously very happy to see the response i get and above all i am very happy to see people sending me their innovative recipes to try it out. Thank you so much and many bloggers have asked about Chutney varieties which i will try to post very soon.I am actually running out of my posts because my little one started walking and she is really occupying my time. So posting my recipes when she is sleeping...((((((((((((((Anyways now we are going to Jeera Rice which is my family's all time favourite .Both me and my husband loves it and even my daughter licks it and she will show signals that she want more. Jokes apart , this dish is a very simple and mouth watering dish at any time and any where,

Jeera Rice will taste fantastically in North India.When i once went to Shridi , i had jeera rice there. It was really tasty.Then i just asked them how are they preparing the same.So got the delicious menu from them and started preparing jeera rice in their style. So you can have this once in a while only because the rice is totally made of ghee. But you can prepare this for some good family occassions. Jeera Rice differs from place to place where in some places they do not add much of ginger. So now let's see how to prepare jeera rice.

Cooking Time                    :    10 Mins

Serving                               :   2 people

Ingredients:

1.)Basmati Rice                    - 1 cup (Ref my measurements)

2.)Salt                                   -As required

3.)Jeera/Cumin Seeds          -2 teaspoons(Normal big spoon)(Ref my measurements)

4.)Ghee                                -1 and a half teaspoon(Normal big spoon)(Ref my measurements)

5.)Ginger                             -2 teaspoons(Normal big spoon)(Ref my measurements)

6.)Green Chillies                 -As required

7.)Cashew Nuts                   -2 teaspoons(Normal big spoon)(Ref my measurements)

8.)Coriander Leaves           -To garnish

9.)Water                              -As required

10.)Sugar                            -To sprinkle-A pinch



Method:

1.)Soak the basmati rice for 20 mins before cooking. For 2 persons i soaked 1 cup.

2.)Take a non stick pressure pan and add ghee to it.



3.)Now add the chopped ginger in said quantity.



4.)Add green chillies according to your spice requirement.



5.)Add the cumin seeds/jeera to this and fry them till golden brown. Keep stirring the cumin seeds as it will get sticky to the pressure pan.



6.)Now add the cashew nuts and fry them till golden brown again.


7.)Add the required coriander leaves to garnish the rice.



8.)Add the soaked basmati rice now and add the required salt for the whole dish. Mix the whole content well.



9.)Now add the required water. For 1 cup of basmati rice just add 1 cup and quarter water. Pressure cook it for just 2 whistles only.





10.)Now your jeera rice is ready.






Bon Appetit!!!!!!!!!!

Ishwarya Balaji



No comments:

Post a Comment