Tuesday 16 December 2014

Hot And Tasty Vegetable Biriyani-All Time Yummy Dish!!!My Signature Dish )))))))))))Non Stick Pressure Pan Made

Hello Friends!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetable Biriyani is my favouriteeeeeee dish.I am a Biriyani lover and love to taste different varieties of it. This dish is the first one i learnt from cooking.I tried this dish when i was in 8 th standard.So this is my all time favourite.

My husband loves this dish when i prepare. And for every Diwali and our wedding day this is my
special.

My most favourite is Punjabi Biriyani.I get chances to taste it rarely but it tastes fantastically.

My cooking generally does not have much spicy flavour because we do not have very spicy foods in our family.I dedicate this dish to my dear husband.

So now let's see how to make this Vegetable Biriyani.......))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

SERVING                        :  2 PEOPLE

COOKING TIME            :  20 MINS

INGREDIENTS:

1.)Basmati Rice                  - 1 Cup(Ref My Measurements Post)

2.)Water                             -For the Rice

3.)Olive Oil/Normal Oil/  - 2 Teaspoons(Normal Big Spoon)(Ref My Measurements Post)
    Ghee

4.)Bay Leaves                   - 2 Nos

5.)Cloves                          - 9-10 Nos

6.)Onion                           -1 Cup chopped(Ref My Measurements Post)

7.)Tomato                        -1 Cup chopped(Ref My Measurements Post)

8.)Beans                          -1 Cup chopped(Ref My Measurements Post)

9.)Carrot                         -1 Cup chopped(Ref My Measurements Post)

10.)Potato                       -1 Cup chopped(Ref My Measurements Post)

11.)Green Chillies          -As per your spice requirement

12.)Elaichi                     -10 Nos

13.)Red Chillies            -As per your spice requirement

14.)Fresh Curd              -2 Teaspoons(Normal Big spoon)(Ref My Measurements Post)

15.)Salt                          -As per your requirement

16.)Ginger Garlic Paste-2 Teaspoons grinded paste(Normal big spoon)(Ref My Measurements Post)

17.)Garam Masala         -1 and a half teaspoon(Normal big spoon)(Ref My Measurements Post)

18.)Ghee(Must)             -2 drops(Normal spoon itself)(Ref My Measurements Post)

19.)Sugar                      - Half a teaspoon(Normal Big spoon)(Ref My Measurements Post)






Method:

1.)Soak the Basmati rice for 20 mins in warm water at normal room temperature before cooking.

2.)Heat the pressure cooker and add olive oil or normal oil or ghee in the said quantity.

3.)Saute the bay leaves and cloves till they turn light brown.



4.)Now add the chopped onions (chop it as shown in the figure)and fry till it turns golden brwon.



5.)Add the tomatoes to this and mix them well.And also add the chopped vegetables to this.Add the vegetables immediately after the tomatoes because if you leave the tomatoes to be cooked, the whole biriyani will come soggy and be like tomato rice. 



6.)Now grind the following into a smooth paste.

----------Ginger

----------Garlic

----------Red Chillies



And add this paste to the vegetables.

7.)

8.)Now add elaichi in the said quantity.Just tap once and put it in the biriyani.Do not crush or grind it fully. Now add salt to this and mix them well. Add green chillies before mixing the biriyani.




9.)After mixing the whole vegetables part, add fresh curd as said.



10.)Mix the whole portion well and add garam masala to it in the said quantity.


11.)Add the soaked Basmati Rice.Now add the sugar in the said quantity.


12.)Now add water(i used 1 and quarter cup of water for 1 cup of rice,refer my measurements post for the cup size) and mix it well.And now add 2 drops of ghee as said at the last.Do not mix after adding the ghee.Just add the drops of ghee and close the pressure pan.




13.)Turn off the pressure cook it just 2 whistles.


14.)Now allow the biriyani to settle down for sometime say 10 mins and do not mix the biriyani immediately.

Now hot Vegetable Biriyani is ready to serve!!!!!!!!


Serve with any Raita of your choice.I have used general Onion Raita only.

I just feel like eating now!!!!!!!!!!!Yummy.....Try it and join my club"Biriyani Lover".....

Note: 

1.)Please do not mix the Biriyani immediately after opening the pressure cooker.The rice will break.

2.)Always cut the vegetables bigger or make julienne cuts so that it would taste fantastically and little crunchier with the rice.

3.)Even if you use ghee in the starting for saute,again do not avoid that 2 drops of ghee.That will enhance the dish.So please do not avoid it.If your health conscious, use olive oil as i did or any other refined oil but add 2 drops of ghee at the end.

4.)Do not mix the whole dish again after adding the two drops of ghee. 

5.)You can add both the green chillies and red chillies according to your spicy flavour.Always green chillies should be more.

Red Chillies                           :                 Green Chillies

1                                                                      2
2                                                                      3

It can be only in this ratio to give a correct taste.

6.)And do not add too much of ginger garlic paste as it will leave a sour taste of it in the biriyani.Always add the correct ratio.

Enjoy Your Hot Biriyani..)))))))))))))

Bon Appetit!!!!!!!!!!

Ishwarya Balaji 

No comments:

Post a Comment